How to backup my website
There are multiple ways to backup a website. I will present you a comparison between how to backup your website from a CPanel interface and how to backup your website with our Backup My Website platform.
CPanel website backup example
1. Log into CPanel.
2. In the Files section, click on the Backups icon.
3. Under Full Backup, click Generate/ Download a Full Website Backup.
4. On the next page, select the Home Directory option from the Backup Destination drop-down menu.
5.For Email Address, select whether or not you wish to receive an email notification once the backup is complete. (You may also change the notification email address in the provided field if you wish.)
6.Click Generate Backup.
Backup My Website - website backup example
Now I will detail how simple it is to schedule your backups in Backup My Website platform.
Login in our platform, if you do not have an account you will create one in 20 second and it will be ready to use.
For backup your files you must go to My Websites and Add Website
1.First step is to test your FTP connection (provide URL/IP address, username, password and ftp port if different then default)
2. Choose your backup folder
3. Choose your backup day and time to start
That's it :)
You will be notified each time a backup is been done via email address that you have registered.
All the best and safe backups!
Posted: 2015-08-12 17:10:22